The Antique & Classic Boat Society - Toronto (ACBS - Toronto)
ACBS-Toronto is a member-driven, volunteer-run, not-for-profit organization. Volunteers are responsible for everything from running the business of the organization through the Board of Directors, creating our award-winning magazine, Classicboat, planning and implementing events, maintaining our website, accounting, and all other aspects. We exist to celebrate the beauty and the rich heritage of recreational boating in Ontario, Canada, and around the world. As a member you will enjoy a full year of memorable outings, events, workshops, gatherings, and shows with other enthusiasts just like you.
Our members collect wood, aluminum and classic fibreglass boats that represent our history and the boats we grew up with. ACBS-Toronto Members range from antique and classic boat owners to builders and people who simply appreciate these beautiful crafts. You don’t have to own a vintage boat to be a member.
Our Purpose: To protect, preserve, and promote our Canadian Heritage of Vintage Watercraft by
• Providing events and services which educate and inspire member and public appreciation and enjoyment of this heritage.
• Protecting and preserving vintage watercraft, related artifacts and information.
• Working with and supporting Non-profit organizations having links to our interest, events or venue communities.
• Providing services to our members, fostering fellowship, education, and resource information in our common interest.
• Increasing awareness of, appreciation of and participation in our Society.
The WAVE 2.0 serves as a program to create a community of ACBS–Toronto volunteers from which to recruit, train, recognize, and empower our volunteers, through clear communication.
WAVE 2.0 members are passionate and dedicated people who organize and facilitate all ACBS-Toronto events and activities and play an invaluable role in the success of the club.
To learn more about the WAVE 2.0, log-in to the Members Only section and click on the Volunteering tab.
If you're ready to join our community of volunteers, click here.